Huddersfield Town 0-0 Millwall

Huddersfield Town story posted by Garfield (Admin) on 15/05/2010
The first leg of the League One play-off semi final ended goalless at the Galpharm this afternoon. The goals may have been lacking but the controvery most certainly was not with Millwall being denied what look like two clear-cut penalties in what was a heated affair on and off the pitch in Huddersfield.Huddersfield Town 0-0 Millwall

Town had a bigger percentage of the overall possession but the Millwall defenders managed to keep Jordan Rhodes and Lee Novak fairly quiet for most of the game, thus ensuring that Town could not repeat last month's 1-0 victory over the Lions. Millwall must be confident of securing a win now after beating Town 3-1 at the Den earlier this season.

Town had the first real chance of the game as Rhodes latched on to a pass from Novak but, as the stiker prepared to hit the ball in to the back of the Millwall net, Robinson came in with a last-ditch tackle.

Next was Millwall's first penalty shout of the game. Scott Barron's shot towards the Town goal appeared to strike Peter Clarke's raised hand but referee Darren Deadman waved play on.

In to the second half and yet another penalty appeal by Millwall. Scott Barron made his way in to the Town penalty area and went down under the challenge from Peter Clarke. Yet again referee Deadman waved it away.

The Terriers came close when Danny Drinkwater nearly scored with a 25-yard curling free-kick but Millwall keeper David Forde managed to tip it around the post.

All in all neither side will be 100% happy with the result. For Town they now face the daunting task of going to the Den and getting a result while Millwall know just how good Town can be at counter-attacking away from home. Millwall have a slight advantage but there's one thing for sure - Town never give up without a fight. Bring on Tuesday!

Huddersfield Town (4-4-2): Smithies; T Clarke (Williams 89), P Clarke, Trotman, Peltier; Roberts, Kay, Drinkwater (Collins 89), Pilkington; Novak, Rhodes.
Subs: Eastwood (g), Simpson, Eccleston, N Clarke, Robinson
Millwall (4-4-2): Forde; Smith, Robinson, Ward, Craig; Laird, Abdou, Trotter, Barron; Harris (Alexander, 71), Morison.
Subs: Sullivan (g), Frampton, Grabban, Fuseini, Price, Obika.
Booked: Robinson, Harris, Alexander

Referee: D Deadman (Cambridgeshire)


There are currently no comments for this story. In order to post a comment, you need to be a registered Terrier Bytes member and logged in. Click here to login or here to register with Terrier Bytes.




10th Anniversary Edition - 2001 to 2011