Super Town just miss out on play-offs

Huddersfield Town story posted by Garfield (Admin) on 09/05/2005
After a very much inconsistent season up until March, Town managed to find some consistency from there onwards and narrowly missed out on the play-offs; in fact, they missed out by just the one point, an incredible feat when you consider the Terriers were trailing sixth-placed Hartlepool by thirteen points with nine games left to play!Super Town just miss out on play-offs

Over the past month and a half Jackson has done very well and was very unlucky not to scoop the Manager of the Month Award for April having won four and drawn one throughout the month, a record only bettered by League One champions Luton Town. One thing is for sure though, if Jacko can continue Town's recent form through to next season, there's a hell of a chance that they could be playing Championship football in the 2006-2007 season!

In our latest poll, added to the site last month, we asked you if you thought Town could perform a miracle and make it in to the play-offs for the end of the season. When the question was asked, it seemed like a silly one at that, but looking at it now it doesn't seem it at all! 41% of fans thought Town had no chance whatsoever, 47% were unsure while only 12% thought they could manage it!

The new poll asks what your hopes are for next season realistically.

Thanks to everyone for visiting the site over the past season and we hope you keep popping by through the summer and into next season!


There are currently no comments for this story. In order to post a comment, you need to be a registered Terrier Bytes member and logged in. Click here to login or here to register with Terrier Bytes.




10th Anniversary Edition - 2001 to 2011